The dress code is synonymous with almost all kinds of professions. For example, lawyers bear monochrome suits and doctors wear scrubs. However, the uniforms in other types of industries a movie and differ for every company. Implementation of a dress code not only brings consistency to the workplace but is also a guided way of reducing stress for the employees. There are numerous reasons for every company to have an employee uniform code. For example, the company who runs uniforms for employees manage is better to look professional and more welcoming to its customers. The dress code requires a specific norm to ensure that each team member appears as positive as a representative of the company. One of the other more important reasons for a dress code is safety. Labor intensive companies need to provide protective clothing or gear to the employees to reduce the risk of accidents. Uniforms allow the company to define their principles or employees in the work environment.
The do’s and don’ts of implementing an office dress code
an office uniform is a logical strategy which is easy to understand if incorporated in the right way. Here are a few tips that will make it easier for the employees to accept the new policy :
- one size does not fit everyone
- it is important to ask for the input from the employees who will be most affected with the dress code
- being ambiguous is not a good sign. Companies should not leave it up to the employees to decide the difference between business casual and casual. It is important to be specific about the type of attire that is being introduced.
- it is important to not include its outdated style of dress code. It is important to keep the preference of every individual employee at work to boost their confidence.
- A clear explanation of the dress code means explaining the consequences of violating it.
- having a relatively flexible policy is the best approach. It is important to introduce a policy that is standardized but liberal at the same time and allows the employees a certain amount of freedom to choose from.
websites that allow companies to design customize uniforms
12Tees is a Thai company that specializes in the art of making personalized products. they have a high customer satisfaction rate and their website is immersive and quite easy to navigate. They offer customizations such as resizing your clouds online to find the perfect fit for every unique customer, company polos, printing logos on your jackets, etc. Make sure to check their website for further information.